|2:00 PM PT3:00 PM MT4:00 PM CT5:00 PM ET10:00 PM GMT6:00 PM 北京时间3:00 PM MST5:00 PM EST, Jan 12, 2019
James H. Hilton Coliseum, Ames, Iowa Attendance: 10,983
No. 11 Texas women hold on to edge No. 20 Iowa State 64-62
Womens College Headlines
- No. 19 South Carolina women handle No. 25 Missouri 79-65
- Lady Vols fall 80-79 to Arkansas for fifth straight loss
- Utah women's hoops ranked for first time in more than decade
- Stanford's Smith raises awareness for human trafficking
- No. 19 Arizona State outlasts No. 10 Oregon State in 2 OTs
- Whitish, late run lead Nebraska women past No. 23 Minnesota
- Missouri, No. 15 South Carolina not focusing on past issues
- Brown leads as No. 2 Baylor women roll past W Virginia 79-47
- Ionescu, No. 5 Oregon women race past Arizona 93-60
- Tara VanDerveer wins 900th game at Stanford in 33 seasons
AMES, Iowa (AP) Sug Sutton had 24 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists and Joyner Holmes had a big block as No. 11 Texas survived two missed shots in the closing seconds to edge No. 20 Iowa State 64-62 on Saturday.
The Longhorns (14-2, 4-0 Big 12), who have won seven straight, used a 15-0 run in the third quarter to build a double-figure lead. The Cyclones rallied from 10 down in the fourth and had a chance to tie or win it at the end.
Iowa State made it a two-point game with 44 seconds left forced Texas into a shot-clock violation with 13.3 seconds to play. After a couple of timeouts, Holmes blocked a layup attempt by Alexa Middleton with five seconds to go. The Cyclones got the rebound but Bridget Carleton's 15-footer was off the mark as time ran out.
Carleton led Iowa State (13-3, 3-1) with 20 points and Kristin Scott had 15, and both had nine rebounds.
Texas shot 51 percent but had 17 turnovers. Iowa State shot just 34 percent with eight turnovers.
Updated January 12, 2019