Stanley Cup finals television ratings down
- Paille's late goal gives Bruins 3-0 lead
- Sharks hold home ice, knot series at 2
- Avs mum on report of Roy as next coach
- Sens head into Game 4 trying to tie Pens
- Howard has Wings rolling vs. Blackhawks
NEW YORK (AP) The Stanley Cup finals' television ratings were down 29 percent from last year.
The Los Angeles Kings' victory over the New Jersey Devils in six games averaged a 2.2 rating and 4 share on NBC. The 2011 series between the Boston Bruins and Vancouver Canucks, boosted by a Game 7, averaged a 3.1/6.
Viewership was also hurt by going head-to-head against the NBA playoffs, unlike last year. Monday's decisive Game 6 earned a series-high 3.1 rating, down 3 percent from last season's Game 6.
Ratings measure the percentage of homes with televisions tuned into a program. Shares measure the percentage of all households with TVs in use at the time.
Updated June 12, 2012