Blue Jackets sign MacKenzie to 2-year deal
- Wings take 2-1 series lead on Blackhawks
- Report: Roy close to becoming Avs coach
- Rangers looking for another 0-2 comeback
- Anderson gives Sens chance against Pens
- Sharks look to even series with Kings
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed center Derek MacKenzie to a two-year contract.
The 30-year-old MacKenzie has 19 goals and 26 assists with 92 penalty minutes and a plus-18 rating in 193 career NHL games. All but two of the assists came with the Blue Jackets. He also played for the Atlanta Thrashers.
MacKenzie had seven goals and seven assists in a career-high 66 games with the Blue Jackets last season and led the club with a plus-4 rating.
He was Atlanta's sixth pick, 128th overall, in the 1999 draft.
Updated May 31, 2012