Suns forward Oubre out for the season with thumb injury
- Westbrook has 33, OKC's deficit now 2-1
- Celtics beat Pacers to close in on sweep
- Siakam scores 30, Raptors lead Magic 2-1
- NBA rescinds T's on Durant, Clips' Green
- Embiid doubtful for Game 4 against Nets
PHOENIX (AP) Phoenix Suns forward Kelly Oubre Jr. is out for the remainder of the season following surgery on his left thumb.
The Suns said in a statement that Oubre had a procedure on his sprained thumb Friday. The recovery time is expected to be four to six weeks.
Oubre was injured during Phoenix's game at New Orleans on March 16 and has not played since.
Oubre has been a nice fit in the desert since being acquired from Washington for forward Trevor Ariza on Dec. 17. He's averaged 16.9 points, 4.9 rebounds and 1.4 steals in 40 games.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated March 22, 2019