Obama passes up opportunity to pick an NBA winner
- Pacers bounce back, win Game 2 in Miami
- Report: Raptors want Nuggets GM Ujiri
- Grizzlies G Allen fined $5K for flopping
- Grizzlies head home down 0-2 again
- Memphis' Allen to match fans' donations
WASHINGTON (AP) Politically speaking, you'd think President Barack Obama would have a free pass to pick a winner in the NBA championship. The game pits the Oklahoma City Thunder from solidly Republican Oklahoma against the Miami Heat, in the crucial swing state of Florida.
Asked by a television reporter from Reno, Nev., to predict a winner on Monday Obama demurred.
Obama, an avid basketball fan, said, quoting: "Both teams look terrific and I am looking forward to a good series. Hopefully, it will go to seven games. But I can't make a prediction right now. They both look pretty tough."
Updated June 11, 2012