Cardinals OF Beltran out of lineup with virus
- Angels' Trout hits for cycle, has 5 RBIs
- Yankees, Man City to co-own NYC MLS team
- Sale scratched with shoulder tendinitis
- Orioles end 6-game skid on McLouth's HR
- Giants RHP Vogelsong likely out 2 months
ST. LOUIS (AP) Cardinals right fielder Carlos Beltran is out of the lineup for Thursday night's game against the Chicago White Sox because of a stomach virus, one day after hitting his NL-leading 19th home run.
St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said Beltran went straight home after Wednesday night's 1-0 win over Chicago. Matheny said Beltran's condition became worse and he went to the emergency room at a local hospital. The manager believes Beltran did not spend the night at the hospital.
Matheny said Beltran "possibly" might be available to pinch-hit, if necessary.
Updated June 14, 2012