Royals put Paulino on 15-day DL
- Mattingly, Dodgers split DH in Bronx
- Astros sign No. 1 overall pick Appel
- Davis' 2 HRs help O's beat Tigers 13-3
- Jays top Rockies for eighth straight win
- Reds end Grilli's save streak, win in 13
Paulino was forced to leave his start Wednesday against Minnesota in the first inning because of a strained left groin. He is 3-1 with a 1.67 ERA in seven starts this year after beginning the season on the DL with a right forearm strain.
Right-hander Luis Mendoza will move from the bullpen into the rotation and start Tuesday against Milwaukee. Mendoza pitched five innings in relief of Paulino on Wednesday and allowed two runs and five hits in the Royals' 4-2 loss.
This will be Adcock's fourth stint with the Royals this season and he has a 0-3 record with a 3.74 ERA in six games, including two starts.
Updated June 9, 2012