Tigers activate Jackson from DL
- Indians rip Red Sox in Francona's return
- Cabrera's HR streak now 4, Tigers rally
- Jays win 12-6, ruin debut of O's Gausman
- Pirates top Cubs for fourth straight win
- Angels' 4 HRs back Blanton's first win
CINCINNATI (AP) The Detroit Tigers activated OF Austin Jackson from the 15-day disabled list on Saturday.
Detroit also recalled IF Herman Perez from Class A Lakeland, placed SS Jhonny Peralta on the paternity list and optioned RHP Jose Ortega to Triple-A Toledo.
Jackson, out since May 17 with an abdominal strain, had been on a rehab assignment with Toledo. He was in the Tigers' lineup in center field for their game at Cincinnati. He was hitting .331 when he was injured.
Ortega joined the Tigers on Wednesday and made his major league debut in their 6-5, 10-inning loss to the Reds on Friday, allowing two hits - including Todd Frazier's pinch-hit, game-tying double.
Perez hit .252 with two home runs and 23 RBIs in 55 games at Lakeland.
Updated June 9, 2012