Orioles get OF-1B Pearce from Yankees for cash
- Angels' Trout hits for cycle, has 5 RBIs
- Yankees, Man City to co-own NYC MLS team
- Sale scratched with shoulder tendinitis
- Orioles end 6-game skid on McLouth's HR
- Giants RHP Vogelsong likely out 2 months
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) The Baltimore Orioles have acquired outfielder-first baseman Steve Pearce from the New York Yankees for cash.
The deal was announced Saturday before Baltimore played at Tampa Bay on Saturday night.
The 29-year-old Pearce was hitting .321 with 11 home runs and 30 RBIs for the Yankees' Triple-A team. He played parts of five seasons with Pittsburgh through last year and hit .232 with nine homers and 52 RBIs in 185 games.
The Orioles designated infielder-outfielder Bill Hall for assignment. He went 2 for 9 with one home run for Baltimore.
Updated June 2, 2012