Blue Jays remove 1B Lind from 40-man roster
- Yanks spoil Mattingly's return to Bronx
- Astros sign No. 1 overall pick Appel
- Davis' 2 HRs help O's beat Tigers 13-3
- Arizona's Cahill hit by liner, leaves
- Padres put SS Cabrera on 15-day DL
TORONTO (AP) The Toronto Blue Jays have outrighted first baseman Adam Lind to the minors and selected the contract of pitcher Robert Coello.
Lind was optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas on May 17 after batting .186 with three home runs and 11 RBI in 34 games for the Jays.
The move takes Lind off the 40-man roster to make room for Coello.
The 27-year-old righty is 3-1 with a 3.22 ERA in 17 games with Las Vegas.
Toronto had a spot to fill after left-hander Aaron Laffey was optioned to Las Vegas following Wednesday's 4-1 win over Baltimore.
Updated May 31, 2012