Jonas nets 2 late goals to keep Benfica in title hunt
European Football Headlines
- Iran staff member hospitalized during Spain game
- Fans at World Cup criticized for videos disrespecting women
- Diego Costa scores again, Spain beats Iran 1-0 at World Cup
- Brazil says FIFA has dismissed its complaint over VAR use
- The Latest: Messi gets a chance to save face against Croatia
- Player union blasts concussion management at World Cup
- After only 2 matches, Egypt eliminated from World Cup
- AP PHOTOS: Ronaldo shines on day of 1-0 World Cup matches
- Burger King says sorry for Russian World Cup pregnancy ad
- Changes coming to Colombia's team at World Cup after loss
LISBON, Portugal (AP) Jonas scored two late goals to lead Benfica's 3-1 comeback win at Pacos Ferreira on Saturday, keeping it close to Portuguese league leader FC Porto.
Jonas equalized in the 72nd minute and gave the defending champion the lead in the 88th.
Rafa Silva added a third goal after the host was reduced to 10 men in stoppage time when Gian dos Santos was shown a direct red card.
Luiz Phellype gave Pacos Ferreira the lead in the ninth.
The double increased Jonas' league-leading tally to 27 goals.
Benfica moved to within two points of Porto before the pacesetter visits Portimonense on Sunday.
Sporting Lisbon is third at five points behind Porto. It hosts Moreirense on Monday.
Updated February 24, 2018