Rams WR Kupp not likely to play at 49ers with sprained knee
- Rams cut deficit to 13-10 at halftime
- Experienced Pats get Chiefs in frigid KC
- Cowboys fire much-maligned OC Linehan
- Record 135 leave college for NFL draft
- Patriots playing up underdog role at KC
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (AP) Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp is not expected to play against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday due to a sprained left knee.
Rams coach Sean McVay said Monday that Kupp is week to week.
Kupp was injured in the second quarter of the Rams' 23-20 win at the Denver Broncos on Sunday when his knee bent back awkwardly on a horse-collar tackle by safety Darian Stewart.
McVay says the prognosis is "fortunate news."
Kupp leads the Rams with five touchdown receptions. A third-round draft pick out of Eastern Washington in 2017, Kupp has 30 receptions for 438 yards.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/tag/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated October 15, 2018