Bears place Kyle Long on injured reserve
- Rodgers downplays take on cutting Nelson
- DE Ansah signs franchise tag with Lions
- 7-time Pro Bowl C Mangold retires
- LB Miller defends shark hunting trip
- Jackson: Browns still unsure on top pick
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) The Chicago Bears have placed right guard Kyle Long on injured reserve for the second straight season.
The three-time Pro Bowler has been trying to play through a left shoulder injury he suffered in 2016. He aggravated it during Sunday's loss to the San Francisco 49ers and sat out the second half.
Long also suffered a season-ending ankle injury last season and has dealt with a finger issue this season. Coach John Fox had said the Bears (3-9) might hold him out of the final four games, and they made it official Tuesday with the move to IR.
For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated December 5, 2017