Jets sign WR Thompkins, waived/injured S Middleton
- Lions host Vikes in key NFC North clash
- Chargers, Cowboys desperate for win
- KC signs CB Revis to shore up secondary
- Bills back to Taylor, bench Peterman
- Cutler still in protocol, not ruled out
Thompkins returns to the Jets after playing seven games with them during the 2015 season. He was waived/injured by New York last September after a groin injury.
With 70 career catches in stops with New England, Oakland and New York, Thompkins steps in as the Jets' most experienced wide receiver. The team lost projected No. 1 receiver Quincy Enunwa to a neck injury on Aug. 5.
Thompkins might be best remembered by Jets fans for having the ball knocked from his hands in a Week 17 loss to Buffalo, a game New York needed to win to make the playoffs.
Middleton tore a pectoral muscle in the Jets' preseason-opening win over Tennessee.
More AP NFL: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL
Updated August 16, 2017