|National Football League|
Cardinals re-sign defensive end Vonnie Holliday
- Body found had ties to Pats TE Hernandez
- Ex-Giants P Jennings dies at 61
- 49ers extend DE Smith through 2015
- Peterson healthy but held out of drills
- Vikings work out ex-Packers LB Bishop
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) The Arizona Cardinals have re-signed defensive end Vonnie Holliday to a one-year contract.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The 6-foot-5, 288-pound Holliday played in all 16 games for the Cardinals last season, recording 16 tackles.
He has amassed 654 tackles, 62.5 sacks, 10 fumble recoveries and nine forced fumbles over 14 seasons in the NFL.
The Cardinals acquired Holliday last year in a trade with the Washington Redskins.
Holliday has also spent time with the Green Bay Packers, who drafted him in the first round in 1998, as well as the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins and Denver Broncos.
Updated June 11, 2012