|National Football League|
Martin resigns from NFL Alumni Association
- Cowboys' Brent not getting bond revoked
- Bears to retire Ditka's No. 89 on Dec. 9
- Jets' Goodson to practice despite arrest
- Injured Seattle TE McCoy may miss season
- Favre's racy text message case settled
NEW YORK (AP) George Martin has resigned from the NFL Alumni Association and the NFL Alumni Foundation.
He was executive director of the association and CEO of the foundation for nearly three years. During that time, he helped secure a long-term health care plan for former professional football players and expanded the organizations' reach by increasing the number of local chapters.
The boards of directors appointed Joe Pisarcik as interim chief staff officer of each organization. Martin will offer his expertise and guidance in an advisory capacity over the next four to five months.
Updated May 5, 2012