Mooy double as Huddersfield wins 4-1 at Watford
- AP Source: Man City ends interest in signing Alexis Sanchez
- Man United beats Stoke 3-0, reduces City's lead to 12 points
- Mkhitaryan left out by Man U amid uncertainty over future
- Tottenham recalls Carter-Vickers from Sheffield United
- Stoke City-Manchester United Preview
- Stoke hires Paul Lambert to end frustrating search for coach
- Pioneering black footballer Regis, who defied racists, dies
- Ryan Giggs lands 1st coaching job with Wales national team
- PSG winger Lucas expects to leave, is open to Premier League
- Referee takes retribution on player as PSG wins 1-0
WATFORD, England (AP) Aaron Mooy scored twice as Huddersfield enjoyed only its second away win of the Premier League season with a 4-1 victory at Watford on Saturday.
Elias Kachunga and Mooy put Huddersfield two goals ahead at Vicarage Road before Watford's Troy Deeney was sent off in the 33rd minute for a dangerous lunge on Colin Quaner.
Laurent Depoitre added a third for the visitors shortly after halftime only for Watford to threaten a comeback. Huddersfield's Jonathan Hogg was shown a second yellow card on the hour mark and Abdoulaye Doucoure reduced the deficit with a sweet half-volley in the 68th.
But Doucoure fouled Depoitre in the box late on and Mooy converted from the penalty spot.
Huddersfield, which had not scored an away goal since the opening weekend, moved up to 11th.
Ninth-place Watford has now lost three league games in a row and four of its last five.
AP Premier League coverage: www.apnews.com/tag/PremierLeague
Updated December 16, 2017