|English Premier League|
|Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|||||Home|
Swansea City 1, Liverpool 0
- Platini wants a Euro sports police
- Townsend charged with betting breaches
- Coaches Phelan, Steele leave Man Utd
- Ferdinand signs new one-year United deal
- Man Utd refinance high-interest debt
- City rallies from 3 down to beat Chelsea
- Pellegrini confirms Malaga departure
- Pulis leaves as Stoke manager
- Mourinho to leave Real Madrid
- Yankees and Man City to co-own MLS club
(AP) -- LONDON (SE) - Danny Graham struck the only goal of the game as Swansea beat Liverpool 1-0 at the Liberty Stadium.
The game kicked off with Swansea playing the best football and they very nearly broke the deadlock on nine minutes through Graham but he failed to connect. Liverpool upped their game and nearly scored through Maxi Rodriguez and Andy Carroll – both missing by inches.
Right on half time Carroll and Ashley Williams got into a scrap and were lucky to only be shown yellow cards. The second half kicked off very much like the first half, Swansea applying constant pressure on Liverpool's goal but this was to no avail.
Liverpool created several chances of their own but were wasteful on every occasion. However, with three minutes left up popped Graham to slam home the winner.
It was a valiant performance from the Merseysiders but the final score means Swansea finish in the hugely satisfying position of eleventh while Liverpool will be upset with an eighth place position.
Updated May 14, 2012