|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Chelsea 2, Blackburn Rovers 1
- Sunderland beats Crystal Palace 1-0 in Premier League
- Brace for Kane as Tottenham beats West Ham in easy 4-1 win
- Liverpool beats Man City 4-1 in best showing under Klopp
- Costa ends scoring drought, Chelsea beats Norwich 1-0
- Stoke ends Saints' unbeaten run in EPL
- West Brom beats Arsenal 2-1 in Premier League
- Swansea rallies for 2-2 draw vs Bournemouth
- Leicester's Vardy equals scoring record in win vs Newcastle
- Everton thrash last-placed Aston Villa 4-0
- Man United requires late own goal to beat Watford 2-1
(AP) -- LONDON (SE) - John Terry and Raul Meireles scored first-half goals as Chelsea ushered Blackburn Rovers out of the Premier League with a 2-1 victory Sunday at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues avoided a third straight loss in the league heading into next Saturday's Champions League final against Bayern Munich. Chelsea must win to take part in next season's competition, finishing sixth on 64 points for their lowest finish since they were sixth in 2001-02.
Manager Roberto Di Matteo used Terry, Meireles, Branislav Ivanovic and Ramires in his lineup. All four are suspended for the match in Munich.
Yakubu scored what amounted as a consolation for Blackburn in the 60th minute with his 17th league goal of the season.
Rovers were already consigned to seeing their 11-season run in the Premier League end and finished in 19th on 31 points. They had one win and eight defeats in their last nine fixtures, and manager Steve Kean's status remains in doubt.
Updated May 14, 2012