|Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|||||Home|
Chelsea 2, Blackburn Rovers 1
- Arsenal beat Hull to retain 4-point lead
- Suarez hits four as Liverpool win 5-1
- Everton score late to win 1-0 at Man Utd
- Chelsea rally to win 4-3 at Sunderland
- Man City win 3-2 away to West Brom
- Tottenham hit back to beat Fulham 2-1
- Swansea end Newcastle's winning run
- Aston Villa win 3-2 at Southampton
- Stoke and Cardiff play out goalless draw
- Moyes expects mixed Everton reception
(AP) -- LONDON (SE) - John Terry and Raul Meireles scored first-half goals as Chelsea ushered Blackburn Rovers out of the Premier League with a 2-1 victory Sunday at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues avoided a third straight loss in the league heading into next Saturday's Champions League final against Bayern Munich. Chelsea must win to take part in next season's competition, finishing sixth on 64 points for their lowest finish since they were sixth in 2001-02.
Manager Roberto Di Matteo used Terry, Meireles, Branislav Ivanovic and Ramires in his lineup. All four are suspended for the match in Munich.
Yakubu scored what amounted as a consolation for Blackburn in the 60th minute with his 17th league goal of the season.
Rovers were already consigned to seeing their 11-season run in the Premier League end and finished in 19th on 31 points. They had one win and eight defeats in their last nine fixtures, and manager Steve Kean's status remains in doubt.
Updated May 14, 2012