|Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|||||Home|
Fulham 1, Arsenal 1
- Moyes statement after Man Utd firing
- Giggs to be assisted by former teammates
- Man Utd's Januzaj to pick Belgium
- Defensive Chelsea hold Atletico to 0-0
- Chelsea lose Cech, Terry to injuries
- Manchester United sack manager Moyes
- United count cost of flawed transition
- Mirallas to miss final three games
- Man City beat West Brom 3-1 at home
- Burnley promoted to Premier League
LONDON (AP) Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen scored at both ends as the Gunners had to settle for a 1-1 draw with Fulham in the Premier League on Saturday.
Vermaelen's own goal gifted the visitors, who had not won at Arsenal in 25 attempts, the lead in the 66th minute.
The Belgian redeemed himself when nodding in from close range with seven minutes left, but the Gunners could not grab a winner.
Fulham snatched the lead after Danny Murphy chipped the ball into the Arsenal box. John Arne Riise collected it on his chest and the ball then bounced on the penalty spot before being accidentally sent back into his own goal by the retreating Vermaelen.
Arsenal was finally level through Vermaelen's close-range downwards header with seven minutes left after Theo Walcott's cross from the right.
Updated November 26, 2011