|Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|||||Home|
Fulham 1, Arsenal 1
- FMA apologises for 'banter' statement
- Georgios Samaras signs for West Brom
- Rojo forced to wait for work permit
- Chelsea and City show title credentials
- Howard taking break from US team
- Moody quits as FA probe Mackay dossier
- Man Utd complete signing of Rojo
- Liverpool linked with Mario Balotelli
- Dzeko signs new 4-year Man City deal
- Arsenal in goalless draw with Besiktas
LONDON (AP) Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen scored at both ends as the Gunners had to settle for a 1-1 draw with Fulham in the Premier League on Saturday.
Vermaelen's own goal gifted the visitors, who had not won at Arsenal in 25 attempts, the lead in the 66th minute.
The Belgian redeemed himself when nodding in from close range with seven minutes left, but the Gunners could not grab a winner.
Fulham snatched the lead after Danny Murphy chipped the ball into the Arsenal box. John Arne Riise collected it on his chest and the ball then bounced on the penalty spot before being accidentally sent back into his own goal by the retreating Vermaelen.
Arsenal was finally level through Vermaelen's close-range downwards header with seven minutes left after Theo Walcott's cross from the right.
Updated November 26, 2011