QB reinstated after charges reduced
- Kansas lands Miami of Ohio WR Harwell
- Oregon releases notice of allegations
- Spanier wants criminal charges dismissed
- Elon joining CAA in latest expansion
- 2 Sooners coaches lose homes in tornado
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) Missouri backup quarterback Corbin Berkstresser has been reinstated to the team after charges in a traffic incident were reclassified as a misdemeanor.
Berkstresser, a redshirt freshman, is accused of hitting a parked vehicle and leaving the scene of the accident on May 15. No injuries were reported.
Berkstresser worked with the first team most of spring practice in place of starter James Franklin, who underwent shoulder surgery in March. Franklin is expected back by the fall.
Updated June 4, 2012