Northern Illinois routs Tennessee-Martin 35-7
- 2 Sooners coaches lose homes in tornado
- Judge may dismiss Corbett's PSU lawsuit
- WR McCartney returns to West Virginia
- Ex-Tide WR Woodson heading to S. Alabama
- Military Bowl goes from RFK to Annapolis
DEKALB, Ill. (AP) Jordan Lynch ran for three touchdowns and threw for another score to lift Northern Illinois to a 35-7 win over Tennessee-Martin on Saturday night.
It was the 16th consecutive home victory for the Huskies (1-1), the defending champions of the Mid-American Conference. NIU lost to Iowa 18-17 last week at Soldier Field in Chicago.
Lynch had a 31-yard TD pass to Martel Moore and ran for scores of 1, 32 and 4 yards.
Tennessee-Martin scored early in the fourth quarter on Derek Carr's 7-yard pass to Corey Jordan. Quentin Sims caught 10 passes for 152 yards for the Skyhawks (1-1), who won at Memphis last week - their first victory over an FBS school.
Updated September 8, 2012