Sorensen leads Southern Utah over UTSA 45-22
- 2 Sooners coaches lose homes in tornado
- Judge may dismiss Corbett's PSU lawsuit
- WR McCartney returns to West Virginia
- Ex-Tide WR Woodson heading to S. Alabama
- Military Bowl goes from RFK to Annapolis
CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) Brad Sorensen passed for 287 yards and three touchdowns to lead Southern Utah to a 45-22 victory against UTSA on Saturday night.
Sorensen was 20 of 28 for the Thunderbirds (2-1). He hit Jared Ursua with two scoring tosses, the first with 16 seconds remaining in the second quarter that gave Southern Utah a 28-7 lead.
Eric Soza threw for 141 yards and a touchdown for UTSA (1-2), which played its first-ever road game. Soza was intercepted once, and Dion Turner returned the ball 33 yards for a TD in the third quarter.
Ursua had six catches for 67 yards.
Updated September 17, 2011