Bryant beats Sacred Heart 91-85 in 2 OTs in NEC tournament
SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP) Shane McLaughlin made two free throws to break a tie in the second overtime and Joe O'Shea, who had a game-saving shot in regulation, added what would prove to be the winning points as the third-seeded Bulldogs defeated sixth-seeded Sacred Heart 91-85 on Wednesday night in the first round of the Northeast Conference tournament.
The victory, Bryant's first Division I postseason win, sends the Bulldogs (16-14) on the road to play at No. 2 seed Robert Morris for a Saturday semifinal.
Bryant trailed 63-60 after two free throws by the Pioneers' Steve Glowiak with 12 seconds left. Dyami Starks missed a 3-pointer but O'Shea threw up an off-balance 3-pointer to send the game into overtime.MORE
- Bryant beats Sacred Heart 91-85 in 2 OTs in NEC tournament
- Sacred Heart pulls away from LIU Brooklyn 84-73
- Sacred Heart turns back Fairleigh Dickinson 90-85
- Mobley lifts Central Connecticut over Sacred Heart in OT
- Sacred Heart gets by Robert Morris, 80-76
|St. Francis Brooklyn||15-3||23-12|
|Mount St. Mary's||11-7||15-15|
|Saint Francis U||9-9||16-16|
|Central Connecticut State||3-15||5-26|
|View Full Standings|