Harris hits winner as Ill-Chicago beats Wright St. 60-57
CHICAGO (AP) Jay Harris, who scored 23 points, drained a 3-pointer with 1:13 to play, bringing sixth-seeded Illinois-Chicago all the way back from a 19-point halftime deficit to defeat No. 7 seed Wright State 60-57 on Tuesday night.
The comeback propels Illinois-Chicago (9-23) into the second round of the Horizon League tournament against No. 3 seed Oakland on Friday.
Harris' trey lifted the Flames into a 58-57 lead and he added two free throws down the stretch while Wright State (11-20) did not score after a Chrishawn Hopkins layup with 1:39 to go. The Raiders missed a pair of 3-point attempts in the final 44 seconds. Harris made two free throws with six seconds left to ice it.MORE
- Harris hits winner as Ill-Chicago beats Wright St. 60-57
- Illinois-Chicago scores 24 at line to beat Wright St. 61-46
- Panoske lifts Milwaukee past Wright State, 61-58
- Valparaiso handles Wright State 55-48
- Oakland beats Wright State 76-67