Tennessee's Maymon has knee surgery
- FIU G Smith follows Pitino to Minnesota
- Alford buyout to net New Mexico $625K
- Washington G Wilcox has foot surgery
- K-State adds F Bolden from Georgetown
- Stoudamire back in Arizona as assistant
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Tennessee forward Jeronne Maymon has had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.
School officials said Maymon, a second-team All-Southeastern Conference selection as a junior, should be cleared to play in time for Tennessee's exhibition tour of Italy in August.
Maymon had recent swelling, prompting Friday's surgery.
Maymon averaged 12.7 points and a team-high 8.1 rebounds last season.
Updated June 8, 2012