Report: Tarkanian recovering from 'heart attack'
- Georgetown F Whittington tears ACL
- F Graham fourth to leave Penn State
- UCLA's Alford enjoys Indiana homecoming
- Smart content building something at VCU
- Hermann starts first day as Rutgers' AD
LAS VEGAS (AP) The Las Vegas Review-Journal is reporting that former UNLV basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian is hospitalized and recovering from a "mild heart attack."
Tarkanian's daughter, Jodie Diamant, told the newspaper that her 81-year-old father was alert and joking after being moved into intensive care.
Son Danny Tarkanian says: "It was a mild heart attack. Supposedly, he's OK right now. He said he feels pretty good, but he was scared."
Diamant told the Review-Journal that Tarkanian started wheezing during a doctor's visit and was taken to MountainView Hospital. An EKG test revealed Tarkanian was having a heart attack.
Diamant says he was experiencing no chest pains or other symptoms.
Updated March 20, 2012