Morehead State defeats Jacksonville State 68-54
- Alford buyout to net New Mexico $625K
- Washington G Wilcox has foot surgery
- K-State adds F Bolden from Georgetown
- Stoudamire back in Arizona as assistant
- WCC gives Zaninovich 3-year extension
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Angelo Warner scored 18 points to lead Morehead State over Jacksonville State 68-54 on Thursday night in the Ohio Valley Conference tournament quarterfinals.
Morehead State led by two, 24-22, at halftime and outscored the Gamecocks 44-32 in the final 20 minutes. The Eagles (18-14) shot 52.6 percent in the second half (10 of 19).
The third-seeded Eagles will play Tennessee State in the semifinals on Friday.
Morehead State shot 47.5 percent from the field (19 of 40) and made 27 of 35 from the free-throw line against Jacksonville State. Warner made eight of his 10 free throws.
Updated March 2, 2012