Wagner rolls over Fairleigh Dickinson 90-70
- Hermann starts first day as Rutgers' AD
- Miami infractions case into second day
- AD says Louisville enjoying 'magic time'
- Seagears back at Rutgers, won't transfer
- N. Arizona's Murphy had solid first year
NEW YORK (AP) Jonathon Williams scored 20 points, leading five Wagner players in double figures as the Seahawks defeated Fairleigh Dickinson 90-70 Saturday night.
The victory assured Wagner (23-4, 14-2 Northeast Conference) of finishing no worse than second in the league behind LIU Brooklyn. It also tied the record for most victories in a season in Seahawks history, matching the 2007-08 squad.
Williams made 5 of 7 shots and scored 10 points in the first half, when Wagner took a 36-20 lead at the break.
The Seahawks outscored the Knights (2-25, 1-15) 18-0 on fast-break points as they built their lead to as many as 20 points, 90-61, with 2:16 remaining.
Updated February 18, 2012