Clutch free throw lifts Colorado past Oregon 72-71
- Alford buyout to net New Mexico $625K
- Washington G Wilcox has foot surgery
- K-State adds F Bolden from Georgetown
- Stoudamire back in Arizona as assistant
- WCC gives Zaninovich 3-year extension
By ARNIE STAPLETON
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) Nate Tomlinson was fouled with one second remaining by E.J. Singler and sank the first free throw before deliberately missing the second to give Colorado a 72-71 win over Oregon Saturday night.
Behind Booker's 17 points and 16 from Spencer Dinwiddie, the Buffaloes (16-7, 8-3) remained perfect at home in their first season in the Pac-12, improving to 7-0 in league play in Boulder. The last time they won eight of their first 11 league games was in 1997 in the Big 12.
Devoe Joseph led the Ducks (16-7, 7-4), who fell to 4-2 on the road in the Pac-12, with 18 points, Ashaolu scored 17 and Singler added 13 points and 12 rebounds.
Updated February 4, 2012